Craftsy- Best place on the net for discount craft supplies!

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

8 more days and the Freak in the foyer will be gone for the year!


Here are some of the greatest elf on the shelf ideas for you to try!

Yes 8 more days until I can finally go to bed without bolting upright thinking "Crap! I forgot to move the elf again!" THANK GOODNESS!

It's not that I don't like the elf.  He is cute in a pixie meets Kewpie kind of way.  It's the constant pressure of finding cool places for him to turn up.  Just moving to different spots would suffice but NO! Now friends are posting the tiny little devil in the "bathtub", going fishing for goldfish crackers and yes even taking a cruise with Barbie.

You would think that with having an pseudonym like Krafty I would have all sorts of ideas up my sleeve....well I don't.  I suck at this! Most nights I can barely remember to undress before bed never mind remember to move the demon leprechaun from ....(well you know).  I rely on looking at friends posts and copy their ideas from the night before and praying that their kid didn't tell my kid what theirs did.

Elf on the Shelf Ideas – Toilet Paper Snowman Elf and other funny elf on the shelf ideas all November and December until Christmas. FREE Printable Notes Too!



<--- More ideas- I think this is the best?


In my attempt to alleviate some of this burden I recruited my older son to be the mover of the elf.  He had some great ideas but I would hardly think my daughter would enjoy seeing her precious elf wrapped in duct tape and surrounded by army men.  In a good attempt oldest child moved the elf and proceeded to open EVERY cabinet door.  Every door.  Youngest child was amazed! She thought it was the funniest thing since she the time caught her grandmother passing gas. (true story)  Well who ended up closing all those doors and drawers?  Not the weird-o in the red leotard that's for sure,

Well eight more days.  Eight more days until our funny little elf disappears and leaves behind a present for our family on Christmas eve- PJ's.  Now I can't complain about the PJ's.  Let me tell you know this tradition started....

On my eldest child's first Christmas I was so excited to have him open his presents.  Hubby surprised me with my first digital camera and It was perfect.  Little junior amazed at the Christmas tree.  In his 8 months he had never seen anything like it and playing with the packages was so much fun! Well hubby decided that he was NOT going to wear a T shirt or PJ's for the opening of gifts.  "That's silly- We are the only ones here- Who's gonna know that I am in my briefs"  Well sunshine, guess what...EVERYONE knows! Who do you think held my beautiful and happy baby boy as he tore open his gifts? Who showed him how to play with the toys as mom snapped a photo of every single moment of Christmas morning? Oh yes- Underwear Daddy!  Thank goodness for photo editing.  I wonder if I can photo shop the Sasquatch chest hair too?  

So now our friendly house elf leaves four beautifully decorated packages filled with brand new jammies for Christmas eve and all is good in our home...until next Thanksgiving.      

No comments:

Post a Comment