Craftsy- Best place on the net for discount craft supplies!

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Sick Teachers!

YUCK!

What a wild year this has been so far! I can't believe how many of my students are sick and how many times they have graciously shared their germs with me.  Today I am home with the stomach bug.  YET again! Apparently this handy little version of the virus leaves you miserable for at least 3 days.  I made the attempt to go to school today and was very excited to make it 1/2 day before I was in miserable pain and had to run from the school in search of a private bathroom! IK- TMI

Anyhow- on my way home I got to thinking...How many times is the average teacher sick? I travel between 3 schools this year and I have been absent a total of 6 times already and it's only November!
A once with a head cold (which NEVER seemed to leave), once when my daughter was sick (it was MY turn) and in the last week of October another one of my darlings shared their PINK EYE! That was good for another 2 days.  Now I am home on a 1/2 day after being home for 2 days prior. I just can't seem to win.

 I HATE to be absent! Honestly- It is more work for a teacher to be absent than if the teacher just sucked it up and went to school.  Sometimes you can't "suck it up".  I tried...epic fail.

So what do you do when you are home from school sick? School work of course! While I was home I have been working on finding some cute phonemic awareness activities I thought I would share with you...So much better than sharing this stomach bug.  Enjoy!

The children hop on a dot as they say each sound in the word. This is great for those kinesthetic learners!

In this cute activity the student jumps on the dots for each sound he hears in a word.  Great for my students that are a little active.  


Lego Syllable Counting Activity (from This Reading Mama)

How cute is this! Counting syllables with lego bricks!

Letter Sounds Tic Tac Toe ~ a playful way to get kids to listen for beginning letter sounds in words | This Reading Mama

Love that you can use this with beginning and ending sounds.  

Great tool for teaching phoneme segmentation! Video for how to make and use this tool on the blog.
Another idea for phoneme segmentation.  You can never have too many! 


Okay- Headed to the doctors office now.  Hopefully I can make it for a full day tomorrow.  

Krafty Teacherz

No comments:

Post a Comment