Craftsy- Best place on the net for discount craft supplies!

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Camping crafts!

Hello!

Well what I thought was going to be a impromptu restful weekend away ended up being rather hectic! We decided to book a weekend at the KOA in Copake, NY.  A very nice place to visit but WOW do they give plenty of opportunities to be crafty.

The first was when we booked the trip.  The woman informed me that it is the weekend of Christmas in July and that Santa will be on hand to deliver presents.  Thank goodness I am one of those moms that overbuys stocking stuffers/Easter basket goodies etc... so I had something on hand to give my little monsters.  Unfortunately what I didn't have on hand was Christmas paper.  What I did instead was take brown craft paper and stamped Stampin up! Christmas stamps all over it.  Also, seeing that it was Christmas in July at a CAMPGROUND I also added some camping stamps.  I think even Santa was impressed.


The next opportunity to get crafty was later that afternoon when I went to their ceramics activity.  There were so many pieces to choose from! Of course the monsters chose big pieces which were abandoned not long after a quick slap of paint was applied.  (With a comment that it was too hard, too much work, and/or I want to play outside you can finish it Mom)  Sigh....my poor little gnome had to wait until last when I was completely finished with the other two projects.  Thankfully the husband and wife of Tea Time ceramics in Lee, MA were so wonderful and had so much patience! Here are the finished pieces.  
Son's piece

Daughters piece
My gnome

Not sure why these pics are being shown sideways.  I fixed them twice and this is what I get.   Well, at least they aren't blurry!

Always looking for any campgrounds in New England that offer me the opportunity to be crafty and to learn some new tricks.  Be sure to post them in the comment section if you know any.  Also be sure to follow me on Pinterest!


No comments:

Post a Comment