Craftsy- Best place on the net for discount craft supplies!

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Classroom ideas on a budget

I have been looking for inexpensive ways to make classrooms easier to manage.  I found a few but any suggestions would be helpful.  

Bookmark for interactive notebooks...how perfect is this?
Bookmark for interactive notebooks! What a quick and simple solution.  A lot of this kind of ribbon can be found at yard sales and who wouldn't like cool duct tape.  Students can even assemble this themselves.  Wish I knew this when I taught fourth grade.  Totally loved waiting forever for students to find the next page- NOT! 

Put names on mailboxes with binder clips
How many times have I had to fix those tags on the classroom mailboxes.   What a great idea to use binder clips to identify who belongs to which slot.  I also had students who used to get confused as to which box was theirs- The one above or below the clip.  I may add an arrow just to show which box.  

 Abc center: matching uppercase and lower case letters
Cute and inexpensive way to have students match upper and lower case letters.  This would make an awesome center activity.  You can also use this for addition/subtraction facts.  
Love this idea for students to show that they need help. They clip their clothespin to the sleeve and keep working.
Okay so I have pinned this several times.  Totally LOVE this idea! 
Stops the line from forming over and over again. 

Where's the bear? Sight word practice
I LOVE these little cups! Can't wait until the end of summer when I can get some in plastic! I use these for sight word practice all the time.  This is a cute activity involving the bear.  I usually just write the sight word on the bottom of the cup and allow the student to read them off.  For every one they get right they get to hold the cup.  Afterward they make a pyramid with the words they know.  



No comments:

Post a Comment